Medigap Plan Improvements Go Live June 1, 2010
The Medigap program, also referred to as Medicare supplemental insurance coverage, will undergo significant changes in June 2010. These changes include the addition of two completely new policies as well as the removal of four others. Federal guidelines from back in 2005 are the cause of all these changes.
The primary changes for the Medigap packages consist of:
* Medigap Plan E, Medigap Plan H, Medigap Plan I and Medigap Plan J will be no longer offered.
* Prevention treatment and home recovery benefits will not be available in any plan.
* A rise in the benefit for excess charge will go up to 100 percent in Medigap Plan G.
* The introduction of Medigap Plan N and Medigap Plan M.
* The addition of a hospice benefit to the basic benefits of Medigap Plans A-G.
The changes will only impact brand new plans which are obtained on or after June 1, 2010. Individuals registered in insurance policies prior to 6-1-10 are not impacted. There won’t be any need to carry out changes to present Medigap policies unless certain plans no more fulfill a user’s needs.
To find out much more concerning these alterations to the Medigap program, consumers should go to the Medigap consumer guide at http://medigap-insurance.org.
Medigap Consumer Guide Information
The website was established to supply Medicare consumers with a thorough on-line reference to make use of to review and choose Medigap coverage.